More and more homeowners are automating their homes to make it easier to control systems such as lights, security, music and even window coverings.
According to the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, here are some of the smart-home systems taking the technology world by storm:
- Security devices. Many luxury homeowners are splurging on surveillance cameras, motion detectors, automated door locks and other security devices that can be controlled by a smartphone. These systems will even notify you of suspicious activity.
- Temperature control. Smart thermostats are easy to control via your phone and will help reduce your energy bill.
- Hands-free faucets. Just wave your hand, and the water goes on or off. It’s not only less messy but also saves money and water. These faucets come in many colors and designs. There are even voice-activated showerheads.
- Innovative lighting. Sensor systems and “smart” lighting allow you to switch lights on or off by using a smartphone, or Amazon Alexa. Products like Philips Hue bulbs allow you to change colors—and ambiance–as well.
- Smart cooking. Yes, even your kitchen appliances are controllable by Wi-Fi. There are fridges with internal cameras so you can check remotely to see if you need milk, as well as smart ovens that use sensors to recognize, monitor and cook your food.
Happy home selling and buying!
For all the latest real estate news and home tips across the Tampa Bay area, please call us CENTURY 21 Alliance Realty at 352.686.0000.